Monday, June 2, 2014

Ordinary is Good

Instead of posting a picture, I will just write about my ordinary day. Morning was nice as I slept well and got up leisurely, one of the perks of not working, or being retired as some call it. I so enjoy that time with my morning cup of coffee. Then I cleaned house a bit. Off and on I worked on painting a picture of a marsh that I am doing with some practically dried up water mixable oils. It is turning out OK. Then I took Margaret to the Dollar Store. I figured it would just be my good deed and I wouldn't buy much - if anything. Twenty-five dollars later I was driving Margaret back home with her purchase of a few cards. What was I thinking! My most fun buy was the little pouch of catnip that I sprinkled out for the cats enjoyment and my amusement. Later I drove up the road to my studio and got it clean enough for visitors if any should pop in, and they do, and stopped at the produce place for a zucchini. I have been making yummy zucchini fritters for supper. Before twilight I took a walk and met a new neighbor. Those were the highlights of my ordinary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment