Thursday, November 20, 2014

Hanging in there

Today I encountered two people with pinched nerves. The first was the girl who answered the phone at the optometrist's office when I called to cancel my appointment. After I explained, she said, "Honey, I understand. I've had one, too." She said had no relief from the usual treatments either but that ice and yoga stretches helped the most. Her pain lasted about a month. And later, while I was delicately pushing a cart around Harris Teeter, I saw a man with his left hand gripping his left shoulder while he reached for something with his right, and his face was wincing in pain. He looked like me! I said, "You look like you have a pinched nerve." Yes he did, poor fellow, and we began a conversation about the agony and what works and what doesn't. It helps me to know there are others, but I hate for anyone to have this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment