Friday, February 6, 2015

speaking of...

When Trip was here weekend before last, he brought several things to keep me busy.
The top picture shows the boxes he made that will hold the matted 5x7 photographs that I have in my studio. My job was to paint them. I think I will stay with natural for inside the boxes because the wood is smooth and pretty. The bottom picture is of garden stakes that he made for me to be creative with. (I see I left out the one that says Cukesville, for the area of a garden where the cucumbers grow.) He also made me seven stretcher frames and then stretched canvas around the edges. He quickly learned how to do it right. My job was first to gesso them and then paint pictures on them. I used the first one today in my oil painting class. It was much nicer to paint on than the store bought variety. Thanks, Bub!

No comments:

Post a Comment