Wednesday, May 4, 2016

On this day in May 2016

Today I am going to take the archives - the first few years of the minutes through 1990 - of the Tuesday Book Club to the library, so they can become part of Wilmington history. Since I am secretary (by rotation) this year, it is upon me to have them in my possession.

The current members have talked about their importance. One woman feels they are interesting for women's history. Last meeting we decided to take action. The local history librarian was called, and she said she will definitely take them. They will be better off there than with me.

Some of the women in the Book Club were prominent in their own right. Some were the wives of movers and shakers, and information about them may be searched for at some time.
Whatever, the minutes reflect a tad bit of what life was like through the years.

I am posting a picture of the minutes of the first meeting. Now I feel it is an honor to be a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment