Friday, February 17, 2017

Happy Birthday, Peter!

Today is the 47th birthday of my son Peter. It is the only time he will celebrate with this particular line up of numbers, 2-17-2017.
Back in the day... when I had just Trip and Stuart, people would make comments about them like, "He's too pretty to be a boy." But with Peter I heard, "You can sure tell he's a boy!" He always had a manly quality about him, even when he was born. He was such a big baby, and when I was asked if his delivery was hard, I answered with, "He muscled his way out." He retains that spirit today, but he has a tender side, too.
The pictures from my precious albums are faded now, but I wanted to wanted to share a couple.
I always loved the look of awe on Peter's face (hand on baby Ned's head) when he got to see his baby brother for the first time.
 
Here he is as a teenager, talking on the phone.
 
I am still happy to be his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment