Tuesday, November 7, 2017

the heat is on

It seems like years ago, but it was just February when I had a visitor to my studio one Fourth Friday who asked if I would be in an art show. When I asked her what I would enter, she said she liked my abstracts and my black and white photos. I was flattered and said, "Of course!" Surely I would come up with some art by then, I thought. But now, ten months later, I have nothing! Is it possible to do at least twelve paintings within a few weeks?! I really don't want to hang photographs, no matter how much I like them.
Several ideas have been floating around my head, garnered primarily from youtube. Maybe I could do something like them if I forced myself. But what I learned tonight when I seriously attempted painting, is that I do have a style of that comes out no matter what else I try to do. When artists teach, they all teach from their own style. Maybe my style isn't that awesome, but I have no choice really. I've gotta be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment