Saturday, March 10, 2018

some things that happened today

Twice this week, because I am president of the art group, I have received requests from people who need help with getting rid of art supplies. The first batch of goodies consisted of a beautiful wooden box of thirty-eight unopened tubes of good quality oil paints and a nice tabletop easel. A great find! We were able to auction them off at our general meeting on Thursday evening to benefit our Spring Art Show. Today we dealt with some pieces of what may be loosely called furniture, drawing tables and such, that were in a vacated studio over a garage. A former member, now ninety-four years old, used to paint there, and her family wanted to get rid of the things before the new owners move into her house. I asked Stuart and sons to help with the lifting, and they were kind enough to do so. Three vehicles full, the stuff has now been dispersed to many people. Out of today's batch, I got a couple of art toys, plus a big slab of marble. Not an art supply, but I have wanted to make butter mints forever, and now I will try them. Plus while I was in the studios, a cute young couple came by and asked if they could buy a painting I did a couple of years ago that I really did just for my studio wall. They were thrilled to get it. Surprises such as these are part of the fun of being in the art world!

No comments:

Post a Comment