Tuesday, July 3, 2018

hits and misses

Since I don't use recipes and rarely measure, my cooking is a bit of a crapshoot that leans toward less than desirable results. Once in a while though, I come up with something pretty decent.
On Saturday while I was out, I sampled a chocolate chess pie. Oh my. It was so delicious, and the rich flavor lingered in my palate. I wanted more but didn't want to go to the trouble of making a pie once I got home. Instead I made a small pan of brownies that ended up close to perfect. I've been baking brownies for fifty years now with most batches being neither pretty nor delicious. But topped with a scoop of ice cream straight from the oven? Who cares. Recently I learned a better way to assemble brownie ingredients, and I knew what to do to get a taste and texture like the pie's.
I also pickled some red onions. Very easy to do. Today I made potato salad and added chopped pickled onion. It was a great flavor addition.
And I must note the cherry scones I made yesterday. Fresh cherries baked inside rich biscuits. So good with coffee.
I've been eating a little too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment