Sunday, November 18, 2018

photography

According to the experts, the sun was to set at 5:06 pm today.
If I arrive at the river much earlier than sunset, I find I do too much sungazing and hurt my eyes. So I did not get there early, but I wish I had. When I reached the dock, I saw a hunched over, bald guy with heavily tattooed arms taking pictures with a serious camera, so of course I started a conversation. I think we both enjoyed talking about the beauty of the ever changing sky. He said that when the sun is setting, you can take a picture every 1.7 seconds, and they will be different. Then, though almost too late, another good photographer arrived. He was a thin Spanish speaking guy who showed us some underwater images he had taken. I really enjoyed all the photography talk.
Here are two pix. One from before the sun fully set and one after.


No comments:

Post a Comment