Monday, June 17, 2019

First World Problem

Hot water!
I have been without for at least two weeks. The Bosch tankless water heater that came with my house had a slow death. Being the eternal optimist, I hoped it would revive and heat again, but it was not to be. After evaluations from a couple of ineffective plumbers, some nice guys from the gas company came today to put in a new, old fashioned tank water heater that was much cheaper. Now when I turn on the hot water, hot water comes out, not the barely warmed-by-the-sun water we find in the cold tap. I thought about the people around the world for whom this would be a luxury, and I felt guilty that I "need" it so much. I suppose life would go on if I had to take cold showers for the rest of my life, or wash dishes by bringing water to a boil, but I am a spoiled and thankful American.

No comments:

Post a Comment