Friday, August 23, 2019

75 Now

It is like when I turned the long awaited age of sixteen. I wondered if I would I ever reach it, but I did, and in spite of myself I kept going. Through good and hard times, adventures and misadventures, I have safely landed at 75. Throughout my middle adulthood as I considered the increasing numbers, I saw what the years were doing to me, and it wasn't pretty. What would happen to me?! I thought when I reached the milestone age of seventy-five I would truly and officially be old.
Now I am of a different mindset. Who knew that seventy-five was so young! There is plenty of life ahead. I think of all I have learned since I was a youth of  fifty-five and eligible for free senior banking. This is a good time of life, and I enjoy and cherish my days, whether I am sipping a hot cup of coffee in the morning, doing repetitive household duties, making art, talking with my family or friends, or being awed by the sky. I am thankful.
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment