Thursday, September 5, 2019

Hurricane Dorian

She has traveled through Charleston and is headed to the hurricane capital of America, Wilmington, NC.
Funny atmospheric things start happening when a big storm is brewing hundreds of miles away. The skies change, either with awesome clouds, or they become almost white, as in this case. There is a different feel in the air. Winds whip around.
I was awakened by a brash alarm from my phone at 0600 this morning while I was soundly sleeping to the sweet sounds of rain and wind. Hurricane warning!! Find shelter! It was legit. At least six tornadoes actually did hit near here.
Throughout the day so far, winds have blown, more forcefully than not. Rain is intermittent. I think it would be fine to go out, but I am hunkered down with my emergency activities.
It would be wonderful if Dorian would just settle down and drop to no more than a tropical storm before coming up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment