Monday, July 12, 2021

A Good Day

It's a good day when I get to stay home, chill out, and catch up. Today one of the things I did was repot a peace lily I got about a year ago when it was little. Its life with me was spent at the gallery where it responded nicely to my good care, becoming pretty and full, and eventually too full. It was time to intervene. When I wrested it from the pot, I saw these long and twisted roots! I tugged, and trimmed, and added soil, and gave the three parts new homes. Another plant event of the day concerned the bromeliad someone gave me a few weeks ago. I have left it on the screened in porch where the humidity is high, and it has taken off. Today I noticed deep in the top leaves, a tiny splash of color. My camera proved my suspicion that it is blooming! It's nice to have these free days for such things.



No comments:

Post a Comment