Friday, August 16, 2013

Four weeks

Four weeks ago tomorrow, much of our stuff was moved to Wilmington, to the apartment I rented back in March, and here it still sits. As with most things in life, the experience has been a mixed blessing. I admit however that I am beginning to lean a little toward restlessness and sometimes find myself yearning for that permanent (as much permanency as Earth allows) place I am hoping for. Waiting for a short sale house to be approved by a bank can test the limits of one's patience. Yet overall, I feel relaxed and satisfied here, and believe it will all work out as it is supposed to.

Outside the apartment today were some young men smoking and discussing sports and just making themselves at home. No doubt they are UNCW students, as Port City Radio warned their listeners today. This is the big return to school in the fall, moving in weekend. They may add to the sort of interesting mix of people here.

The weather. On Sunday the temp was 94 with a heat index of 104. Four days later, a new record low for this day was recorded. There is still a lot of rain, much of it coming in short bursts of huge drops. I heard today that all the rain has been hard on the shrimpers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment