Saturday, August 10, 2013

Greenfield Lake

How I love Greenfield Lake. Let me count the ways.
The first is remembering when the thousands of azaleas were in full bloom in the spring and I was in a pretty dress with a big bow in the back. Second perhaps is being in a little boat in that murky water with my daddy as he rowed away from shore. Safe and happy. 

Now I can go anytime I want.

Today I got there about ten. I took my good macro camera hoping to capture a pic of a dragonfly, but though there were many zipping around the edge of the water and onto the shrubs and vines, none stopped to pose. It was a lovely morning anyway, and I could have stayed on and on. As for facts, there is a five mile sidewalk around the lake, a bike path, paddle boats (that are not used much), playgrounds, places to sit and swing, shelters for picnicking (and a couple of guys sleeping on the tables), and lots of really cool wildlife.

This morning I saw one of the alligators - being sneaky out there in the middle waiting for an unsuspecting sea gull to dive down - ducks, birds, lizards, butterflies, lots of turtles, and several colors of dragonflies. The cypress trees, and the live oaks with their swaying moss are so pretty.

I have just been run out of the office (wifi) as it is closing time, so I will post a quick picture or two while I sit on the porch.






No comments:

Post a Comment