Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11-12-13

Since being here, I have delighted in stopping by the side of the road to buy a pound or two of freshly caught shrimp from the back of a pickup truck. When I see the neon green poster board with "FRESH SHRIMP" hand written in black magic marker, I know I have the option to buy. It gives me a happy feeling in my heart for being so blessed to live only a couple of miles away. The once dour shrimp man now seems glad to see me, too, and I have noticed he adds a shrimp or two to my request. He goes to Snead's Ferry to get the shrimp, maybe six or seven ice chests full, and by December, shrimp season will be over with none until early summer. Tonight my one pound, actually about a third less after removing the heads, was used in a pan of jambalaya, one of my go-to dishes. But any way they are prepared, and Bubba Gump knows all the ways, they are yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment