Tuesday, May 6, 2014

what I did today

Today was primary election day, and I voted for some good candidates in my party. I was appalled however that I was not required to show any form of identification. In SC where I have voted since I was twenty-six, I had to show my ID. As I started to pull out my ID today, the poll worker said that she only needed to know my name. Then she checked her database and asked my address. I asked if I could come back saying I was someone else after I voted. Apparently I could if I knew the address. No wonder there is so much fraud!

Then I went to the studio, which is in a big old building with other studios, artists, and a big area for events such as the one that started today, an art show and competition. The artists who participated had to have their work in by two pm as that was when the judging started. It was so much fun to watch the judge go around and look at all the pieces, make selections, then narrow them down to the winners. Artists from The ArtWorks did great. I am in good company, if I ever start painting that is. Way to go, Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment