Sunday, August 30, 2015

Montreal Day 4

The weather has been perfect since we have been here making it easy and enjoyable to hike around the city.
We liked the Atwater market so much that we went back around noon today. We got some croissants for tomorrow, and bought some delicious pate and a baguette that we ate at a little round table in the midst of the activity. 
Later I walked up to the Museum of Contemporary Art, paid my 14 CAD to enter and what did I see? It was not art to me. Then on to Underground, a huge mall, where I walked and gawked and found a spot to sit a bit before heading back to the hotel.
Tonight Kathy and I took taxis to and from one of the famous eateries here, Schwartz's Deli on Rue St. Laurent. We got the recommended meal, a smoked meat sandwich (much like corned beef), a dill pickle and patates frites. Everything I had read said tourists must go there. It was something!
Montreal is a great city for foodies!
Here is a pic of the street the museum is on.
Flying back home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment