Thursday, August 27, 2015

Montreal, Day 1

This time I went way across the Cape Fear bridge.
I am up in Montreal, Quebec just for fun.
Since the first leg of my flight left ILM at 6:15, I had to get an early start. After some grueling travel episodes that made me wonder if I would ever see the downtown Hotel Espresso, I arrived about noon. I could not check in yet so I walked, did some sightseeing (park, pretty architecture, lots of people) and got a watermelon and feta salad from one of many food trucks near some central place the name of which I do not know. Kathy got to the hotel about three. We both needed a little chill time, but we had to get out eventually because we were both starving
Poutine, pronounced like poo tin, is a Quebecois specialty, so we didn't want to go home without trying it. We hiked up to Rue St. Catherine and got our dishes of french fries with a light brown gravy and topped with cheese curds at a lively fun restaurant. (I took a pic with my iPhone and will try to get it on here later.)  Satisfied we walked around and peeked in the windows of other restaurants and shops before coming back to the hotel. 
Sleep...I hope I get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment