Sunday, November 29, 2015

church

I am loving my church.

The beautiful old building where happy memories echo, and I feel the warmth of the people and hear the peal of the church bells at eleven and noon on Sundays is the one I claim as mine. I am glad First Baptist is the church I joined. Of the past fifty years, only seven were spent being a part of a Baptist church, and I didn't feel Baptist in the least. But here I am in this congregation once again.

Choir has made a real difference. For the past several months, we have been working on Christmas music that will be performed with full orchestra for three nights in a row in a couple of weekends. Practice is such fun, and I am loving the build-up to the big events. I just wish I had a better voice to offer the group, but so far none of the nice people have suggested that I not show up. Today for our anthem we sang a chorus from Messiah, And the Glory of the Lord, that will be one of our concert songs. It is one of my favorites because it gives the altos a chance to shine.

Even better was last week when we hosted a Thanksgiving service with several downtown churches. We did a combined anthem, but most of all and in one glorious group, we got to sing the hymns of Thanksgiving. I think they are my most favorite.

Lots to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment