Tuesday, June 7, 2016

End of post-vacation break

Gee, it took a long time to come back to my Wilmington frame of mind after my fun week away.
It sort of reminded me of the last time I had flu and went back to work. For several days I was going through the motions, but I wasn't fully engaged. But the dissonance was all worth it.

Life went on around here without me just fine. The kitties were as good as when I left them, and the hubby did not install any unapproved thing in the house - like shower doors or a non-working printer - as he has been known to do.

Long June days are here. The nights slip by briefly and don't give me enough dark for sleeping, but I am not suffering because of it. In fact, I have made a few batik-ish pieces of art around midnight.

This evening I was singing along to some Pandora music, and I want to share these few lines to an Eagles song. Pretty good advice.

Take it easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand, and take it easy

No comments:

Post a Comment