Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Pat

This week another cousin has come down from Maryland to stay with Margaret, or as they call her, "Mom." It is sad about the broken arm, but I have enjoyed spending time with these family members that I don't get to see often enough. Of the six grandchildren, Pat was born second, a couple of years after me. My first memory ever is of reaching up high to grasp the handlebars of the baby carriage so I could push. I was so proud of him.
Now he is retired and has the time to take care of his mother when she needs him.
Pat is the family historian and has even written a book about our ancestors. He enjoys being an active member of Sons of the American Revolution and knows a lot about the founding of America. Today he was telling me interesting stuff I didn't know, like about the importance of the fife and drum as a way of communicating during the war and the difference between militia and Minutemen.
It is always good to hear what the people we love are interested in.


No comments:

Post a Comment