Thursday, August 4, 2016

renewed

It has been a while since I was at the beach. Any beach. But by default, that is where I was for a few minutes today.
On Monday I took my queen-sized, all cotton bedspread/comforter to a nearby place to ask if they could wash it. For twenty-five dollars they would be glad to, assuming I didn't mind waiting a week. Whaat?!? Not wanting to be ripped off, I decided to shop around. You may not have been looking for a laundromat recently, but there aren't many around anymore. I did hear of a decent one in Carolina Beach so I took my comforter there today. Self serve. A total of nine bucks. During the free time I had - forty minutes while the washer ran - I drove down to the rocks at Ft Fisher to breathe in the ocean air. It was such a beautiful day. Crisp blue skies. Fluffy white clouds. Happily a few majestic pelicans flew above me.
And I'm glad to have my white quilted comforter back, all nice and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment