Friday, April 7, 2017

open for business without further incidents

It seems as if the whole of Wilmington knows about the painting that didn't make it into the show!
I think it has generated many conversations, especially by people who don't have the facts. (That is usually the way it goes.) Thankfully I have received much positive feedback and appreciation. The show opened early today, and some of the first visitors was a group of special needs young people. Then a young mother with her three little children came through. I was so glad the association held the line on Monday and didn't allow one demanding person's erotic paintings to muddy the 35th year of this Azalea Festival event.

During the past three years that I have been involved, I felt that there were some last minute niceties that were left undone when the show opened. This morning I got there about nine to do them. Things like placement of trash cans and chairs, alignment of slats in the blinds, the right places for flowers and lighting, etc. Now it looks pretty! On with the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment