Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Working toward a goal

Yesterday and today have made me feel like the charge nurse on some really busy shifts with the work week ljust beginning.
An art show involving a hundred artists and over four hundred pieces of art takes a long time and a lot of workers to get together before it even opens to the public. I enjoy it. I enjoy challenging myself to figure out the logistics. I enjoy the physical work that I do not make myself do without a reason. I enjoy that good tired feeling when I know I have accomplished something.
It is also a pleasure also to watch other people work together as each one contributes his or her specific knowledge and skills. I enjoy watching a plan come together.
And I think I will enjoy being with the visitors when they browse through all the hanging pieces and maybe find one they love enough to buy.
This photo is from this afternoon, a smidgen of some art pieces.
What we had to do was have all the art out, not hanging, for the judge to peruse for his selection of winners. Tomorrow the hanging team will come together and artfully decide what looks good with what, and hang them on the panels. (Those are the gray walls they are propped on.) Then the ID tags (title, price, et al) will be Velcroed on the panel beside the art. After a reception on Thursday, let the show begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment