Monday, May 1, 2017

May Day

On this warm and windy day that is May one, I am downtown at the Arts Council doing the simplest of volunteer jobs. Quite a few artists have come in to register for an event, one of whom is also a writer. Writing and painting are both creative, but I have no idea how to switch back and forth between the two. Or three if you add music to the mix. For me, my mind is either looking at the colors, shapes, compositions, contrasts, lines that pertain to seeing or overly aware of the play of words and verbal/written expression. And I am always amazed at all the things that people do, not because they are doing them, but because their brains can organize everything. I have learned that it is ok to be me and not to compare myself to higher achievers, but I am in awe. Maybe they don't linger as long over their morning coffee or play soider solitaire.

1 comment:

  1. And the spelling award goes to.... soider. lol I just thought the first sign was a great prelude to the May Day post with the misspelling. Please keep it in there. There seems to be a saying about splinters, eyes and logs. I will research it and see where it is... Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete