Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Father Brown

Once in a while I really get into watching something on Netflix. Lately I have been hooked on an uncomplicated, forty-four minute BBC murder mystery titled Father Brown. After watching three seasons on my iPad, I have begun to wonder what the attraction is. I really can't say, but one thing I have observed is what the Catholic priest does. Being a Protestant, I see why the Reformation was necessary. All knowledge of God and all intercession begins and ends with him. On the plus side, I see him more as a therapist who includes the spirit of the person in his work. It really is important for people to be honest with themselves, and before God, and he encourages the suspect/sinner/guilty party to do just that. And then rather than be gruff and punitive over their horrid acts, he is kind and nurturing. There are worse ways to waste time.

No comments:

Post a Comment