Monday, April 16, 2018

end of show

     This years Big Art Show was a rousing success. I am happy that it was, and I am happy that it is over.
     The older (more experienced) I get, the more I like to see a plan come together. I enjoy the plan, the communication it takes, recognizing the skills that the various people bring to the larger group, knowing that people are pleased with the contributions they are making, dealing with the unexpected, working with the crowds. I like to see the loose ends come together and for the process to go as smoothly as possible. I also like being a part of history, or the continuum, of a 36 year old community project.
     Sales were a little sluggish at first, but yesterday's sales brought the total of art sold to around 40K. After the artists who sold receive their 70%, and the rent of the facility and all other expenses are paid, the club's portion will go into the kitty for scholarships and a few other nice things. I like that all of that is done. It is encouraging for artists to know people appreciate their work and for the USO to earn their rent. This morning I have received lots of good feedback about the show.
     After nine days involved mostly with one thing but with many people, I am wandering lost around the house. What to do first! Time to regroup and refocus.

No comments:

Post a Comment