Saturday, April 14, 2018

the big weekend

This is the weekend of the Azalea Festival. I have happy memories of this special time, and though it is not what it used to be, fun things are sill going on. I think one of them is our big art show. We extended it to nine days this year and added a raffle. Amid a festive event, the drawing was last night, and there were two happy winners. I enjoyed being part of it. I am going to have to watch this morning's parade on television later, but I hope lots of people will be lining the streets and catching the excitement of the marching bands, the waving beauties, and the decorated floats. There are tours of homes and gardens, concerts in various venues, and the azaleas are in bloom. There will be many places for picture taking, just like in the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment