Tuesday, May 19, 2020

critters

As I was leaving the gallery today, a bug on the sidewalk caught my eye. I took a pic and used my seek naturalist app to identify it. It's a Buck Moth caterpillar, and the spikes on their sides, while not poisonous to humans, really sting and hurt. So beware! Oak forests are mostly where they live. Apparently it was lost. Another unwanted animal lost its way on Saturday. I am going to have to stop keeping my gallery front door open on pretty days, because a skink slithered in making its way to my desk. They are not cute like the little green anoles. Oh no... But it ended well. I trapped him under a wire trash can, and when he was at the top, which was the bottom, I slipped a piece of poster board underneath. Very easy then to take him outdoors where he belonged.


No comments:

Post a Comment