Thursday, April 22, 2021

April 22, 2021

Blogging has changed since I started with it back in the old days. My profile says 2003. It was probably before facebook and various subsequent social media platforms - ways of expressing oneself to the unknown rest of the world through the mysteries of technology. During those years, blogging helped structure my time. It felt like a responsibility, a daily duty. 

Now I wonder, do people still use blogger? Many well-intended writers/philosophers/life explorers have hopped on and off the blogger train. I did that at first, but when I took the trip to the Philippines, I wanted friends and family to participate in my adventure. All I had to do was leave a web address behind, and I wouldn't have to start from scratch telling about it when I got home. It got the ball rolling, and pretty soon I was hooked. I did other writing at home, deeper stuff, but for the fairly superficial, I blogged. My career gave me some good material, and when I wasn't exhausted from working, I enjoyed typing a few, hopefully meaningful, words about it. My family additions, i.e. grandchildren, holidays, my yard, my plans were fair game, too. And of course pictures! How I love to find something interesting to photograph. 

Now that I am well into my seventies, there is little angst to suffer through. Any situation anyone else has been in, I have probably experienced in some way too, and I survived. Expressions now reflect a later station in life. Serenity is a gift that has come with time and trusting God. 

But I occasionally miss the call of blogging. And with the loss of my husband, my long time mate, that has put me in the position of living alone, I can and should return to it. So here goes. My first post in this chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment