Saturday, April 27, 2024

Stuff from a Saturday

After "work," I skipped the entrance to my neighborhood and drove to WalMart, about four miles further down the road. I thought I'd go tomorrow after church for gas and a pack of coffee, but as it is Saturday evening, and I had nothing to do, why not. It's always entertaining and a little scary. (Not really.) Why is it that "WalMart people" are real!? The main thing is, I have no one to be accountable to, all decisions are mine, and I can do what I like when I like. I'm beginning to love life as a single girl. And If I want hors d'oeuvres for supper, why not! 

While at "work," the AW, i.e. studio, after conversing with everyone I could, I stayed in my room/studio and spread some acrylic paint around. This is what I ended with. One of these days, I am going to get back into oils, but for now, I am pushing layers of buttery soft acrylics of pretty colors around on 12 inch square canvases, and they all somehow seem to end up looking like this. I guess it is my style and my palette. aargh . . . I think its title will be "An Uncommon garden." Parts of it, I'd like to change, but I occasionally must call something completed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment