Friday, April 19, 2024

When I moved here, I discovered ..

 Wilmington is a mecca for creativity.

I don’t know if people are drawn to its vibe or if they are freer to release their creative nature after being here. Maybe it is the light of the sun or the energy from the waters we lie between. Maybe it’s like an Italian city in that way. We have a dynamic mass of painters and makers of visual arts. The theatre and music communities bless our town in so many ways. New chefs come and set up their own small restaurants with delicious and diverse manus. I’m not in touch with the writers here, but it is lonelier work, and Wilmington is also quite social. Anyway, it is a good fit for me. Even if I had not had to come home to Wilmington, beloved homeland of half my ancestors, I would love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment