Friday, January 10, 2014

Thanks BBC

It is the slowed down month of January, when days are short, nights seem darker, and the cold temps encourage staying inside. For me this morning, it meant I watched on Netflix one of the best shows ever to appear on the small screen, Call the Midwife. Based on the memoirs of one of the central characters, the original writer and the writers who penned the dialog show the ability to articulate truths about the best and worst in us humans. Not just a well written medical drama, it is really all about love, the true love that is selfless and sacrificial. Being a mother and a nurse gives me a deep in the gut understanding of the stories and the strength of the women, and I never fail to more than tear up during each episode. It also makes me hope that somewhere during my nursing journey, I was of some use to another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment