Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A New Sport

When I left art class about noon, it was downright hot outside. Beach weather! After taking care of my duties, it was two before I got to the always beautiful South End. The tide was low making the moss covered jetty visible down to the rocks in the deeper water. Seagulls and pelicans gracefully swept the blue sky. And there is always something interesting happening in that beautiful place. Today a group of six men in black wetsuits were in various stages of getting their kiteboards up in the air or sailing them along the water. I had wondered what the correct term was so I asked the guy who was pumping his up. He said it is a kite but also sort of like a parachute.
From the looks of the equipment, there was a "real" photographer there, too. Maybe he got a better shot of this kitesurfer getting an aerial lift. Or is it Spiderman?

And another shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment