Tuesday, March 4, 2014

a rundown

Too many big deals last week pushed my EQ (excitability quotient) over the top. A week ago Sunday I joined the church. Wednesday I was among some accomplished artists in our critique session. Friday I went to the doctor. (I hate to go to a doctor but I have to get my thyroid medicine.) Meanwhile the main light was hung in my studio and I finally finished painting the walls. (I am almost ready to use it!) I baked two birthday cakes, engaged in many stimulating conversations, and attended several events, and so on. My mind was abuzz every night, and I didn't get enough sleep. I think I have been the most enthused about ArtWorks, the building where my studio is one of many. It is a nice community of bright and interesting people who are passionate about what they are doing in the visual or performing arts. I wonder where the journey there will take me. Now that is exciting! Sunday and Monday I made myself back off and chill out, and my mind became quiet enough to focus on reading a book. Today I was out in the biting cold calmly taking care of the day's duties. I am glad I have the capacity for enthusiasm and joy, but sometimes I am a bit much for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment