Friday, March 28, 2014

Just do it

There is a lemon blueberry cake baking in my oven. As I was finishing up the mixing, I thought how that Kitchen Aid mixer was doing such a good job fluffing the butter and sugar and scraping the sides.

I pined for one so long but thought of many excuses why I should deprive myself of such an expensive item. Finally, about ten years ago, I was rushing into Kohl's on a mission and passed by the display of Kitchen Aid mixers that had, of course, a great big ON SALE sign. Perhaps it was all those years of desire and not really on impulse, but I grabbed a box, dashed to the front and took it through check out before I could change my mind.

Most of the time since the big purchase, it has been only a nice looking item on my kitchen counter, though, besides not having much free time, I actually had a reason. Paint and metal had chipped off the paddle attachment after only a few uses. A year ago, I got a replacement and now I can cream, blend, and mix away.

All that to say sometimes you just need to go for it. If there is something your heart yearns for, and we all have those things, don't delay. I am glad I have this mixer rather than regretting that I do not have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment