Tuesday, March 11, 2014

a few stolen minutes

After dropping some stuff off at my studio, I decided to drive downtown. It is only a mile or so away, and the weather was as unseasonably warm as it was cold last week. I parked on a street I wasn't familiar with but thought it looked interesting because most of the houses had plaques on them stating their historical significance, the year they were built, the style (mostly Queen Anne), and who the architect was. Wilmington has one of the largest historic areas in the country. The homes were being lived in and were well kept and pretty, and I had to remind myself how much I love my patio home so I wouldn't lust after them! Chandler's Wharf was right around the corner. and I went in a couple of great shops there. I was successful in not buying any of the cute things they had. Here is an iPhone shot. You can see the Cape Fear River at the end of the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment