Sunday, April 19, 2015

a special dinner

Since Mike had to go out of town, Margaret invited me to use his already paid for reservation for the monthly Sunday buffet at the independent living apartment building for seniors where she lives.
I got there in plenty of time for our noon seating and was able to enjoy a pre-dinner Bloody Mary and some gazpacho. As it turned out, Margaret and I were the first (of what seemed like hundreds) to go through the line that held a sumptuous display of food. I went for the seafood choices mostly, shrimp and grits and perfectly fried catfish nuggets with fresh dill sauce. The bass and piano jazz duo played during dinner, and after we ate we sat near them for a closer listen. All around the air was festive and fun. Those seniors really know how to party!
This iPhone pic of the women sitting on the stairs listening to the music is fuzzy but still cute.
I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment