Wednesday, April 29, 2015

In the vortex

Shortly after I moved here I heard that Wilmington is in a vortex of creativity. What that means exactly, I don't know, but I get the idea and agree. Though I have been hanging with the "visual" artists, I see creativity all over the place.
Today I had lunch at the art museum where the food is always interesting and tasty. Today I chose a side dish of roasted beets with goat cheese that also had pretty little halved peapods, and other delightful vegetables mingled in. Creative! Then when I was checking out at Sam's, the pretty young woman ahead of me was buying lots of butter, vanilla, flour, etc. We started talking about her baking business, and she gave me her card. Creative! Tonight at the art get-together I talked with several people who have found unique ways of doing art. Creative!
Recently I heard this truism, that if we don't create, then we will destroy. it is a trait of humanity.
Our individual creative juices run in different directions, but it is important to let them flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment