Tuesday, April 14, 2015

doctor visit

For many reasons, I really really dislike going to see a doctor, but in order to get my thyroid medicine, I must make an occasional visit.
Last year I went to see my new Wilmington doc. He was nice enough but tried to sell me on some invasive tests, those that many people agree to. Maybe it is because I heard so many horror stories during my thirty years of nursing, that I am just not up for all those things. I declined as politely as I could.
Today I saw him for the second time. All went well, and there was no sales pitch. He was accepting of this hardened old nurse.
But my systolic BP was up a little. I explained that "I rushed over here from a meeting."
He said "Why rush? This is Wilmington. I'll be here. Take your time."
"So my appointment was twelve-thirtyish?" I asked.
""Twelve-thirtyish. Whenever."
I love this laid back town!

No comments:

Post a Comment