Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Bridge

Back when I was in my twenties and thirties, the main recreation of my peer group was playing bridge. We met in our homes, usually all in the same neighborhood, and we knew and helped with each other's children. We played in our regularly scheduled clubs and any other time we felt like it. When I moved on to other things, mainly the crazy schedule of a nurse, my bridge playing days were over. I missed it and vowed that when I retired, I would find people to play with.  Since being in Wilmington, I have played bridge twice now. I wondered if, after thirty years of no bridge, I had forgotten how to play, but not to worry, it came back naturally. I suppose I played so long that I am hard wired for it. I enjoyed playing today with a group of nice women and would be glad to fill in again. At least my yearning has been satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment