Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Real food

A friend had told me about some fresh organic chicken that she was getting delivered and asked if I would like to try it. Yes, of course! Last week I got my first batch of two whole birds, twelve breasts and twelve bone-in thighs. I cooked one of the whole chickens, one breast and one thigh in a crockpot doing nothing special. It was delicious! The same as chicken of my earlier years before Monsanto changed what we eat, and hormones, antibiotics and whatever else were added to make chickens big, boring, and bad for humans.
The amount I cooked lasted for three dinners. The first was a Mexican thing I had been wanting to try. Then a Southern style chicken pie. Last night I fixed a salad with green grapes, walnuts, celery, and a nice dressing. The best yet.
The rest is in my freezer. Wonder what I will do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment