Thursday, March 10, 2016

the cats

A couple of weeks ago, I took pretty Maggie to the vet for treatment of a UTI. Yesterday was her follow up appointment - here she is not wanting to come out of her crate - and the urinalysis showed she still had some crystals in her urine. The vet said since it could turn into stones, we should treat it. The cheapest thing was to put her on prescription cat food for thirty days and see if that would cure her. So I drove across town to the only pet store with a vet, and bought fifteen cans for her new diet. While in there, I visited the adoption area and saw some beautiful kittens, about the age of my two, who were sitting in their crates and looking lost, confused and sad. I so hope they get to go live in nice homes. Then I felt pleased that I have the ones I have and that they are well cared for.  I have sometimes regretted getting two cats and think I would be happier with just pretty Maggie. Henry is more rambunctious and destructive than his gentle sister, but he is also sweet and affectionate. It would be sad to see his cute little quizzical face peering out of a cage, wondering if someone would ever love him. I am not going to complain about him anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment