Saturday, January 14, 2017

earache, sore throat, coughing, sneezing

For the past few days I have given in to one of the thousands of viruses that attacks the body and presents what we call a cold. I think that January is one of those months when we tend to familiarize ourselves with such invaders. I haven't minded the Benadryl induced sleep or the hours of watching Netflix, but I am ready to go on with other things now. That's how I know I am getting better. Thinking of things to do. When I was younger and had a bad cold or some such thing, I knew I was getting over it when I started having olfactory hallucinations of brownies baking in the oven. At some point I submitted and whipped up a batch. Maybe the chocolate was the final cure. One thing I  found is that it is much easier to be down and out when you don't have children to take care of or a job to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment