Friday, December 8, 2017

A time to sing

This is the weekend my church puts on its big Christmas program, and for the third year, I am among the altos. Our amazing organist is also a chorus teacher at a high school, and many of her students are joining us. What a treat that is for me! Last night was dress rehearsal, and I am sitting on the front row of the choir, behind the French horns, and between two of the students who were loving the whole experience, especially the thirty-piece orchestra. They were positively glowing with enthusiasm. I share their awe. They also sang very well, and I wondered if when I was that age I did too. Tonight is the first of four performances. People in town look forward to coming and arrive early. The old church fills up quickly and seating is free. They won't be disappointed, as our music is really good. When it is over, I will be invigorated first and then exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment