Monday, December 25, 2017

Swaddled

"And she brought forth her first born Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn."
Luke 2:7

In the story of the birth of the Christ Child, the newer Bible translations have substituted the plainer words "wrapped in" for the more descriptive King James "swaddled." I love that word! When I was little, I was curious as to what those swaddling cloths were. Later, when I became a mother, I learned all about that old way of snugly wrapping my baby in a blanket for security, warmth, and even for calming. (I wonder what cloths Mary and Joseph used to wrap Baby Jesus in. I wonder what they brought with them on their journey to Bethlehem.)

The Three-in-One God swaddles His children today. He swaddles us in grace, comfort and peace. We are warmly swaddled in His blanket of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment