Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Spanish Bar

When I was a little girl and into my teens, I always hoped my mother would buy a small packaged cake called Spanish Bar when she went grocery shopping at A&P. I decided to google it and found many warm-hearted stories as well as recipes. Turns out I am not the only one who loved it. I decided to make it for Book Club next time it was at my house, which was today, since all of us are about the same age and probably have the same memories about those moist delicious, buttercream frosted spice cakes. I baked mine this morning for Book Club at 2:30, and it turned out pretty good. The ground cloves and allspice, a tablespoon of cocoa, a a half cup of molasses, gave it the dark color, an almost perfect match. However mine was not as moist as those I remember, but it worked out well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment