Saturday, February 24, 2018

win win

I feel like I never do good deeds anymore and was so pleased with myself for planning one for today. A man in our art organization needed assistance uploading images of his art for the April show, so I volunteered to help. When I talked to him yesterday, he told me his wife was in the hospital, so I also said I'd take him there after we did the computer work. He is a Wilm native, attended the black high school here (segregation you know) graduating the same year as me. I asked him if his mother used to have fish roe for supper as mine did, and he said yes. Fortunately that was something Mother quit serving after we moved to Charlotte, but I always wondered if it was a Wilmington thing. We kept chatting during the lengthy process of figuring out the technical nuances of uploading the images. At one point he said he wanted to give me something, a print by one of Wilm's best but now deceased artists, and I reluctantly agreed. So glad I did. When I get it flattened out, I will post it. Also he showed me around his garden, his outbuilding that holds many of his paintings, and told some cool stories. I was really blessed by my good deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment