Saturday, February 17, 2018

arty stuff

Since being here, I have gotten to do things I did for play during those years that I worked for money. Photography for example. It is something I enjoyed because it allowed me to stop a moment of time for a closer look no matter the subject. And I tried to learn what made a nice composition and how to achieve it. I know I am just a hack picture taker with a pocket camera, but it provided many satisfying experiences. Occasionally I have been asked to take a few pix for other people, today for example. With our Spring Art Show on the April horizon, we are trying to get the word out to come and perhaps purchase. So some of the members who live in one of the most populated Wilm neighborhoods got together this morning for a photo shoot to help with publicity. Though I did not get any great shots, I did get a couple that will be ok in their magazine. It was fun. It is good to learn and practice. Keeps life interesting. By the way, they are standing in front of an enormous painting that was done by the wonderful woman in green. It, along with some others of hers, will be going to a gallery in Atlanta soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment